Wow! What an incredible weekend. The launch of the ‘iCan Speak’ Academy far exceeded my expectations and is one day I’ll not forget in a hurry. In fact one of the delegates caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. (I’ll explain why in a second.)
In the picture above you will see a group shot of the 50+ people that attended the ‘iCan Speak Showcase’.
And here are a few Facebook screenshots from people that attended:
So back to the opening paragraph, and me telling you about the hairs on the back of my neck standing up…
In the audience at the ‘iCan Speak’ Showcase was a lady called Anna and finally for the very first time she found the courage to overcome her life-long fear and spoke in front of an audience.
And not just a small audience either.
As I said there were around 50 people there to witness something amazing.
Not only did she find the courage after just a few of the ‘iCan Speak’ modules but she blew us all away.
She had some of the audience jump to their feet and give her a standing ovation.
In fact if you take a look at this photograph you can see me pointing at the hairs on the back of my neck, which were also standing!
So how was she able to do this with no prior experience?
In my opinion she epitomised exactly what The ‘iCan Speak Academy’ is all about and that is about creating Authentic Speakers. If you were looking for perfection, she wasn’t that. If you were looking for amazing slides, she didn’t have those. If you were looking for a slick successful businesswoman, she wasn’t that either (although for all I know she might be.)
I speak at events all over the world and I see hundreds of speakers, many of who will be speaking at the same event as myself. And one of the biggest let downs I see – and often from slick successful people from business – is that they simply don’t speak from the heart.
But that’s exactly what Anna did.
She shared her story in just a few seconds and she did it with confidence, passion and authenticity. And she won over our hearts and minds. And for those who were in the room we felt a burst of emotion from a lady who would stand alongside any leader I’ve ever had the pleasure to listen to. She was truly incredible. What you don’t see is that after she finished I actually stood on my chair to applaud because of how proud I was.
When it comes to speaking to any audience: Authenticity is Essential.
This is what Anne had to say after the event ended.
‘I got the courage to stand up and speak, the motivation to be more than I am and the determination to be the best speaker I can possibly be. Thanks so much. Anna’
If you want to learn how to speak authentically, with confidence and passion, I highly encourage you to secure a ticket at our upcoming ‘iCan Speak’ Bootcamp in Leeds or Gatwick.
At these one-day Workshops you’ll discover:
– Stand & deliver: How to look the part on stage. Concentrating on your non-verbal communication.
– Start with impact: How to grab the attention of your audience from the very start.
– Spice it up: Learn language techniques that will enhance your delivery and set you apart from other speakers.
– Silence the cynic: How to silence even the most cynical of audience members.
– Vocal variety: Learn techniques that will give your voice the edge and help connect with your audience in ways you may have not considered in the past.
– Involve your audience: Be a stand-out speaker by involving your audience in ways that most speakers are not willing to do.
– Own the stage: The stage is your home and your audience need to see that. Learn how to use it with impact.
– Put it all together: Delegates will be expected to deliver a short presentation by the end of the day which will be far greater than the one they gave as an introduction.
– And much, much more….
I hope to see you at the ‘iCan Speak’ Bootcamp in Leeds (March 21st ) or Gatwick (May 16th)!